Thursday, September 20, 2012

Baby Steps...


So I don’t go to the gym today, either. Instead, I go into Boston with my roommate to play trivia with another friend in Boston and we win 3rd place. Bam.  I am learning to try to squeeze any kind of physical activity in wherever I can, something that is supported in my place of business. In fact, a month ago we made a list of exercises to do in certain situations in order to ensure we don’t just sit all day.



When the friendly mailman Joe arrives, I do one lunge on both legs for each piece of mail. 5 pieces of mail: 10 lunge sets. At 11:00 and 3:00, I do 6 laps in the warehouse. When 2 customers come in, I ask them to leave because I have to do a lap with a 25lb roll of paper over my head for each one of them. I do 1 squat per thousand pounds quoted or booked (for those of you unfamiliar with moving, an average move is about 5,000-7,000 pounds and I quote 4 moves throughout the day). I also do 30 seconds of planking every time my boss calls. And she calls at least 4 times a day.

The little things will ad up. Lunges are easier and I can do more without needing to stop. I consider that a victory. Yes, I wine and complain when I have to do something, but I still do it because I have motivation! Why did it take me so long to find this?

The posts will be more interesting when I actually go to the gym. So if you feel let down by this post and the last post, keep in mind I’m doing this for me and not for you, Conceited.

1 comment:

  1. Those little exercises are GENIUS! What's great about them is that they have triggers. I know different office exercises to do but never find time to do them because I'm always "busy". But if activities were tied to daily events, I would totally do them. Great post!

    ReplyDelete