Monday, January 14, 2013

Four...

Ladies and gentlemen of the internet, four months ago I began this journey of bettering (not buttering) myself by becoming more healthy and I can say, with much pride, that four months ago I was 26 lbs heavier. That is an average of one and a quarter pounds a week. That was also over two holidays where one of the main purposes is to consume ridiculous amounts of food.

Do I wish it was more? Yes. Am I discouraged? Get off the internet if you think I'm discouraged. This is awesome. I set a goal and for four months I have been working towards it and this proves that I am successful. So take that, stupid people who scoff when I tell them I go to the gym. When was the last time you lost 26 pounds? 


This is the more slender face of someone who is pretty darn pleased with themselves

And I've worked hard for it. Just ask Best Friend Rachel who endured Dynamic Core with me on Tuesday. During class we do a total of probably around 200 lunges in various directions and probably a good 75 squats. The next day, it's painful to sit down on a couch so I can be lazy. Like really painful. But I've come to enjoy the soreness that comes from workouts. It means changes are happening. 

Thankfully, I recover by Thursday, or at least recover enough to do Pilates. The only problem is that I'm feeling a little gassy. Good thing I'm a trained actor so I can pretend that I'm taking breaks because I'm sore instead of taking breaks to avoid breaking wind. I do it for you, ladies of Pilates, because I'm such a nice guy.

With the break after the Christmas season at Target, I've had much more time to kick it in to high gear once again, so expect big changes in the coming months. Also, I vow to do better with the whole photo progress portion and seeing as I've decided to stop making empty promises, you know it's really going to happen.

5 comments:

  1. Yay! Congrats on the achievement - I can't remember the last time I stuck with something, especially something challenging, for 4 months. Big changes, inside and out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very inspiring!! Love your blog and so impressed with your story. You are making a decision that will profoundly affect the quality of all the years you have ahead. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray!!! That's a huge accomplishment! I hope you feel good too cuz that makes all the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A pound a week is healthy and normal. Don't wish for too much more :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sam! I work with your Dad and have been following your blog. Just wanted to tell you to keep up the great work...you are doing awesome! You are effecting others daily. My husband and I have started DDP Yoga (all because I saw it on your blog and watched the Arthur video)! Thank you for providing that inspiration and motivation! And CONGRATS on your accomplishments! Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete