Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Tradition...

I don't believe in resolutions. Or at least I don't believe in only making them at the start of a new year. I mean look at me. I started in September with my resolution to do better, more healthy things for myself and I've done fine. So well, in fact, that when I bought new pants, every pair of pants I brought in to the fitting room were able to be buttoned with ease. In all my years that has never happened. Inevitably at least one pair has been too small. But no longer, my friends.

Seeing as it's been a million years (maybe not exaggerating should be my resolution for the new year) since I posted last, I have quite a bit to update you on. I was sick over Christmas. Yes sick, ladies and gentlemen. It is awful. But the healing power of the gym is what carried me through. I go the day after Christmas and do a full 20 minutes on the elliptical. It's difficult to breathe because of my cough and I still have a trace of the shakes from my fever, but Best-Friend Rachel and Sister Miriam (she's not a nun, she's my actual sister) are a wonderful encouragement and I plug through.


After my workout, I decide a nice time in the steam room is necessary. If you are sick, you should try it. It feels great to breathe deeply and really helps with congestion. After my whole gym thing, I feel great. My body is doing it's thing and fighting infection. Amazing how that works.


The following day, I take Miriam back for Pilates with Kiki. She is such a trooper and tries everything despite not really knowing what's going on. And despite a lower back issue, which isn't always advisable. Forty-five minutes later I'm really sweaty and Miriam is complaining of sore abs. Oh honey, wait until tomorrow. 


During Miriam's visit, she was able to meet some of the recurring characters of my blog, and that was a ton of fun for me. I love to brag about my sister and introduce her to people. I also love being able to show her how adored I am at the gym. People love me. 


Back to the whole New Year's thing, I made sure that one of the first things I did in 2013 was a sit-up. That's right, I started the year off with exercise. The whole purpose of that is to serve as my reminder of what my life is now. My life is comprised of me making good choices with health and nutrition and exercise. I've had a good time so far, and it can only get better from here.


(Cheesy inspirational music fades in) If I have inspired you, I want to know about it. If you too have started exercising and feel like you are out of your element, let me know. I can be a great encourager because I know what's it's like to be at that end of things. And I know how exciting it is when things start changing for you. And I want another $5 off my membership fees! Leave me a comment, or contact me through email, whatever works. Actually, I don't know if you can contact me through email. I'll look in to getting that on here. But comments definitely work.

No comments:

Post a Comment