Thursday, October 11, 2012

Birthday...

Exciting things happen in my life, today. For one, I turn 26. It seems to be a lot easier to turn 26 than it did to turn 25. Far less dramatic. And for my birthday, my coworkers surprise me with chinese food for lunch, a homemade chocolate cake, and fun gifts including straps for my yoga mat! Let me say again how awesome it feels to have so many people on my side and supporting me. It makes me feel really good and that my goals are totally and completely able to be accomplished.


This cake is the ice cream cake my family got me over the weekend.
Work cake pictures will come as soon as I receive them.

I drive home from work with a bunch of leftovers and arrive in my apartment to find Fit Andrew doing school work in his loft. Crazy lame. I tell him about my awesome day and he tells me about his rather uneventful one. Then, I watch an episode of Parks and Recreation and do yoga.


I only do an abbreviated version of yoga because I have a friend coming over before I go out to celebrate my birthday, but I still feel super great, afterwards. I attempt to convince him to come to the gym with me, but he doesn't have a change of clothes. So we play Mario Kart instead. The problem is, Joe is awful at Mario Kart, so that doesn't last long. But, while we're playing, I get a call from a number I don't immediately recognize, so I answer the phone. Who should be on the other end but Matt (previously referred to as Skinny Matt) calling to wish me a happy birthday!


Honestly, the Beverly Athl--... Anonymous Gym is really impressing me. They are really supportive and awesome. Yes, I hate to be approached while I'm working out, but I appreciate that this staff seems to all be on board with my goals and my process to reach them. It's those little bits of encouragement that make it bearable.


1 comment:

  1. I think I was the first person to read this post! I read it before you tweeted about. I would like to consider myself your number 1 fan.

    Also, that is the best cake I think I have ever seen.

    ReplyDelete