Thursday, October 25, 2012

Consumption...

Who's bad? I'm bad. I do not go to the gym today. I seriously consider it and up until an hour and a half before my class starts I'm convinced I'll be going. But then I get a text that a birthday dinner is happening at Texas Roadhouse for some friends and there is no way I can pass that up.


But I don't forgo exercise all together. As soon as I find out I will be going to dinner instead of the gym I pop in my yoga DVD and sweat in preparation. And it's a tough workout to get through. My calf makes a lot of the stretching hurt. But it's a good hurt, because I know it's working this awful knot out.

I'm also not that jazzed to be doing this workout. I don't put in the same amount of effort that I usually do, but I stick it out and force myself to finish. I even try my hand at yelling at the TV. Instructor: "Twist up. Woo feel that unbelievable stretch. I think I just adjusted my back." Snarky me: "Shut up, you idiot. You say that every time." 

So yeah, I shirk going to the gym in favor of consuming a ridiculous amount of calories. Bad decision on the surface, but it was also to celebrate the birth of friends and spend some time with fun people, so a win in terms of my mental stability. And I don't go completely overboard. I choose to save enough for lunch tomorrow instead of eating it all in one sitting. I even limit myself to two of the DELICIOUS rolls and cinnamon butter they have.

In my past life (meaning before I started this whole gym/workout thing) I would have eaten probably 5 rolls, an appetizer and my entire pulled pork dinner and felt miserable afterwards. So I'm proud of myself for having self control and guess what?! I felt like I ate enough to hold me over. That was always my problem. I didn't want to stop because I liked the taste of things and I never felt the need to bring home leftovers. But the new me loves leftovers. Get used to it.


1 comment:

  1. I think I would enjoy leftovers more if I learned the art of microwaving. But my food always ends up still frozen or boiling. I just can't win.

    ReplyDelete