Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Food...

So my family is here for an early birthday weekend and what happens? We spend most of our time eating. Yes, I go to Pilates on Saturday, but, as evidenced by my last blog post, it was awful. And I'm not even eating well. Family visits always seem to be meals punctuated with intervals of inactivity.

We do spend part of our time walking around Bearskin Neck in Rockport, but it's a very leisurely pace and isn't really exertion of any kind. And I don't get recognized on the street, so there's another huge disappointment. But, we do take some hilarious photos with a cutout of my little sister because she couldn't come along on the trip, so that's good for several laughs.



Here we are at Target!

After walking around for a while, it's time to take my parents back to the airport. On our way, we stop at Taco Bell for some food, where I stuff my face with deliciousness. I'll be paying for this later, so I don't really feel bad. But then we have to say goodbye, which no one ever likes, but it always seems to hit my mom pretty hard. Both mom and dad tell me how proud they are of me and what I'm doing and it makes me excited to keep going with this whole gym thing. I love getting attention and this is a great way to do it because it actually helps me be more healthy.


After we drop them off, sister, brother-in-law and I drive down to IKEA for a furniture shopping excursion. Now this is a workout. IKEA is huge and all you are supposed to do is walk around. Plus I exercise my ability to want something I can't presently afford and I'm sure I burn some calories feeling sorry for myself. But I do come away with two feather pillows and a meal of swedish meat balls, so it's not a complete loss. 


2 comments:

  1. Hello. I'm following you now. I don't know what this means. Help me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It means you will now receive updates when I write a new blog post and you make it look like I have friends!

    ReplyDelete