Sunday, November 4, 2012

Compliments...

Thursday is one of my favorite days of the week because it's a Pilates day. But I can't find my yoga mat and paranoia is reawakened deep down inside. I'm convinced someone is trying to sabotage any sort of progress I'm making by causing me to forget to do laundry and to misplace critical pieces of exercise equipment. Although does a mat count as a piece of equipment? I must admit I always though of equipment as a way to describe something that has a mechanical component. Enough engineering talk. Back to to exercise.

I speed home after work in order to put my workout stuff together. I hate feeling rushed but what do I expect when I wasted my morning sleeping instead of prepping for the day? I make it with time to spare so I get primo selection of spots. Front and center because I rock at everything. I do a little bit of stretching to warm up. If I had really wanted to warm up, I would have spent fifteen minutes on the elliptical before class, but who has time for that?


Side note: flexibility is really something I want to maintain and increase. I have to express frustration that I haven't noticed a giant change in my flexibility since I started doing yoga and Pilates. Flexibility is something that seems to be a key component of Pilates. If I can't reach my ankle when I have one foot in the air, how can I correctly do the drill? 


Regardless, Kiki comes in and welcomes the class and then, because she is so awesome, announces to the entire class that they should check out my blog. She has linked it on the page of her Pilates studio. I feel like a celebrity. Hopefully everyone else feels the same way.


Throughout class, my blog occasionally makes an appearance. True, most of the time it's because Kiki's telling me what I'm not allowed to put in the blog, but it really does make me feel awesome. She tells me I'm not allowed to include how she encourages us to adjust ourselves to spread our butt cheeks wider so we can feel more connected to the floor. Don't worry, Kiki, I won't put that in.


After class I head to Best Friend Rachel's house and we watch The Princess Bride and eat popcorn and peaches. Then I go to Buffalo Wild Wings to celebrate a friend's birthday. Now, I know I have mentioned before that I love getting compliments, and tonight I get a bunch. Everyone is telling me I look great and that my butt looks awesome and it's like all is as it should be. I should be getting compliments. 


Everyone should be getting compliments because it makes you feel awesome. So you, reading this, you are awesome. And I don't care where you are in your day, if you just woke up or if you just exercised, but you look amazing. There. Take my compliment and go into the world feeling awesome about yourself. And compliment someone else and make their day. Pay it forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment