Thursday, November 1, 2012

Two...

Father in heaven I need to get caught up. So this post is combining Sunday and Monday. Hopefully all of you devoted readers are smart enough to figure that out.

After my depressing journey to the gym last Sunday only to find that the gym was closed, I'm determined to actually get a workout in. So I wake up and run some errands, one of which includes buying a new swimsuit because my old swimsuit has ripped and I'm not in the business of exposing myself. The problem? Target isn't carrying swimsuits currently. That means I have to go over to Dick's Sporting Goods and pay a whopping $30 for a swimsuit (on-sale from $45). But I look at it as a swimsuit that will be lasting me for a while, which helps me stomach the price.

I head to the gym and go right for the pool. Surprisingly, there are people in the pool. I would have thought that people would be out shopping for supplies in case this whole Sandy thing actually hits us. Oh well, at least my regular lane is open. I hop in and start with my standard half-mile swim.

Really nothing exciting happens. Some guy comes in about halfway through my swim and pick the lane next to me. This guy is ridiculous. He does one length of basically every style of swimming there is. And the problem is, he's not good at them. So he's flopping all over the place, splashing me and churning the waters, making it hard for me to swim in a straight line. This guy is almost worse than the children. Though it is kind of amusing. And in a weird way, inspiring. He just keeps going.

After a brief steam and a conversation with a brave man who is headed to Market Basket, I head home. When I get there, I realize I have forgotten to ask if the gym will even be open tomorrow. Sandy has closed my office for tomorrow, so it stands to reason that she could mess up my chance to do Zumba tomorrow. But when I call, the guy says classes are planned to go as scheduled. Hurricanes can't stop fitness.

(Passage of time...)

So I wake up jazzed cause it's a Monday and I don't have work. Thank you nature. This three day weekend is awesome. I putz around the house for most of the morning before going out to lunch with Fit Andrew to China Buffet (aka Heaven). I've always had a weakness for buffets. It combines my two favorite things: eating until I have to unbutton my pants and chinese food. And it's been a really long time since I've gone to China Buffet.

I find that there has been a change in me that is combination depressing and exciting. While I used to be able to pack away two and a half plates no problem, I find myself feeling full after not even a full plate. I mean that's awesome because I'm used to smaller portions, but I am a tiny bit sad that I can't eat as much.

But that's a really weird thing to be sad about and perfectly explains the problem I've had my entire life. It's not like it doesn't taste as good if I don't eat a ton of it. I just like the idea of eating. It's fun. It's what I used to do when I was bored because it passed the time.

After my meal, I head over to a friend's house and we watch some movies while the storm rages on. And by 'rages on' I mean the wind occasionally blows strong and it drizzles. Sandy's really not turning into much. I also find out that all classes have been cancelled by the storm. Screw you, Sandy! This will be five days in a row at the gym and I am going! So I drive over to the gym.

CJ is at the desk when I arrive and he informs me that they're closing at 6:00 tonight. So be it. 15 minutes on the weights is better than nothing at all. And I make those fifteen minutes count. Thank goodness the gym is back to the normal schedule tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment