Monday, November 12, 2012

Laundry...

So I'm on Facebook at work (because I'm now in charge of social media) and I happen to see that there's a beginner mat class that's not on the schedule. Curiosity gets the better of me so I email Kiki to ask her if this is a class at the gym or if it's actually in her studio. Her answer is two-fold and demonstrates how amazing she is. It is a studio class and she has signed me up for it. So I now have a specific plan when I go to the gym.

Now, because I have been in classes the last few days, I have no clean gym clothes and the class tonight starts right at five so I don't have time to get home and do laundry. So I do my best begging and call up Fit Andrew to try and convince him to throw my darks in the wash. Sometimes I feel like I'm awful. But out of the kindness of his heart, he decides to help me out. Bless you, Fit Andrew.


I get to the gym with just enough time to spare to get changed and run upstairs. There are only two other people in the class plus the teacher. I have to say it's kind of amazing to be in such a small class. It really gets me individual attention and in a class that's intended to help me understand the basics of Pilates and work on proper form, that's a huge blessing. And a curse, because now I'm painfully aware of how I've been doing certain things wrong and I can't hide behind 15 other attendees.


But Stephanie is super nice and thankfully not as snarky as I am. She was very helpful and an hour long Pilates workout went by really fast. I did feel stupid when I had to keep asking which muscle groups I should be using or even what certain words meant in the context of Pilates (like implant yourself, for example). It's honestly like learning a new language only it's a lot easier to fake like you know what you're talking about while you could be agreeing to something that you will regret.


After class is over, I stop in to say hi to the nutritionist who has an office at the gym. Kiki recommended I say hi and Ryann proves to be full of energy and really friendly. Honestly, everyone who works at this gym is amazing. We chat a little bit about a variety of things (including my blog) and she tells me I should consider coming to her spin class tomorrow morning. I tell her I will strongly consider it because I have an appointment at 10 am and can't go to the normal Pilates class. Except that her class starts at 7:30. Kill me. But I tell her I'll consider it.


All in all it was a super relaxing class to fulfill my Friday night workout and to make my current gym record 16 days in a row. Thank you, thank you, I know I'm amazing, but you can be too. Just head to the gym.

1 comment:

  1. So..just realized that I was a total jerk when I saw you at Target today! I can't believe I didn't introduce myself, but honestly I was a little star-struck! Anyway, I'm Liz, I'm the Store Team Leader at the Danvers store--welcome to the team, I hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete