Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Murder...

After all of that craziness of falling behind, I am finally caught up and the blog will resume as normal. For those of you who are confused, the following took place on November 13, 2012. Ooo fancy. It's like the start of a crime drama or something. But worry not, the only murder that takes place in this post is the murder of every single muscle in my body.

It's Dynamic Core Tuesday. Yesterday I didn't get to go to Zumba because I just started my part-time gig at Target and had my first official day. So I'm glad when Rachel texts me to see if I want to go to the gym tonight. I get to the gym and greet all of my wonderful friends. Honestly, I'm a celebrity and it feels awesome.Validation win. I run downstairs and change and bound back up to Rachel. Rachel has brought a friend that she works with and the three of us are planning on kicking butt, tonight.

Class seems a little busy, tonight, but we have learned to be aggressive enough to get some good spots. We stretch it out a little bit Kiki starts class. We start with some breathing and stretching and lead into a whole series of squats. Apparently we will be doing a lot of squats, tonight. Oh goody. And some lunging, too. Perfect. A lot of these have a flexibility component that while difficult, feel like they're doing their job. And my butt is still sore from sitting on that bike seat for 50 minutes. I don't know how anyone can feel comfortable on a bike seat, so it must be worse for a fat person. Anyway, the lunging, squatting, and stretching sets my glutes and thighs ablaze and we enter the part of the workout where I want to quit.

Little breaks but no quitting, that's my philosophy as I continue to push through the pain. I know it makes me sound amazing but I guarantee you I look like an idiot. I flush and I'm sweaty and my hair is all matted and my stomach keeps peeking out from below my shirt. Trust me, exercise isn't pretty. My shoulders and arms burn as we move to weighted curls and presses and lifts. Thank god Rachel is next to me and is a wonderful source of encouragement. I'd hate to cry when I don't have a bike to cry behind.

We move to planks and then onto burpees. Honestly the worst exercise invented. You plant your hands on the ground, kick out your feet into a plank position, jump your feet back up to your hands and stand up. And we did these for probably 2 minutes. Then we added a squat and a push-up to the mix. Kiki is so mean.

After this we move to abs. Crunches and oblique twists when on the ground. I always feel like it's a break when I get to lay on the ground but it's not. It's just as hard. I think I hear my abs literally curse at me throughout the workout. Then we do some bridging and really work the glutes some more. The only reason I can keep going is a combination of encouragement from Rachel and Kiki, and a great remix of Gangnam Style. 

At the end of class, there's a madhouse of people. I want to escape this room and everyone coming in for Body Pump (or maybe it's body combat) and super pumped to get going, apparently. Take it down a notch. Don't be too excited for the whole fitness thing. Though maybe I'll do this class one day and I will realize how exciting it really is. I won't knock it until I've tried it.

No comments:

Post a Comment